[SI-LIST] Re: MicroStrip capacitance

  • From: "burke_ipc" <burke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 12:59:54 -0000

The Full (currently) FREE Version of IFSPro EZStack will handle
n dielectric layers and on any given layer will handle 1,2,5, & 6
conductor arrays.  This is for single and dual driven line scenarios
(not the least of which is capacitive coupling). The microstrip
model takes seconds to build and solve, The solver is boundary
element.

The capacitance is presented in matrix format; diagonals being self
capacitance and off-diagonals are mutuals. There is also a
new "simplified report" at the beginning of the complete report
which presents a table containing (among other things) self and
mutual capacitance.

The site is http:/www.interactive-products.com

A further suggestion would be to take the model and compare against
other methods of calculation available to you (such as Ansoft).
Mainly since (unless you fully understand what to expect)you should
balance ANY results against other solution sets.

Best Regards,

Brian

--- In si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, yoni tzafrir <imyonitz@xxxx> wrote:
> hi all,
> how do i caluculate the capacitance of a MicroStrip on a PCB?

> si-list-request@xxxx with 'help' in the Subject field
>
> List FAQ wiki page is located at:
>
> List technical documents are available at:
>                 http://www.si-list.org