[SI-LIST] Re: Length of an Impedance Discontinuity in order for it to be noticeable

  • From: Richard Jungert <r_jungert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tom dogastino <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Scott McMorrow <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <otter30@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, si list freelist <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 23:11:57 -0700

Jim

A 1VP-P analog video signal like I am assuming it is then it only takes 1
Millivolt of noise ( like Tom mentioned ) before it starts to show as noise (
small snow ) in the picture on the screen. One Millivolt of noise relative to
1VP-P is 60db signal to noise ratio which in old NTSC days is considered a good
S/N ratio. A 2VP-P signal or bigger would obviously improve signal to noise
ratio while <1VP-P would decrease this ratio.

Richard Jungert

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net

List archives are viewable at: