[SI-LIST] Re: Length of an Impedance Discontinuity in order for it to be noticeable

  • From: "Bowden, Ivor" <ibowden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <otter30@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 17:09:05 -0700

And this is analog video(?), so it isn’t a strictly "make or break" kind of
thing. 30MHz is around VGA (640x480 non-interlaced) pixel rate, or the
bandwidth of sharp RS-170 (monochrome, interlaced). Impedance discontinuities
tend to show up on the screen as visible "ghosts" (reflections), while
bandwidth limits tend to show as left to right smearing of sharp vertical
edges. If you know the characteristics of your bulkhead adapter you could run a
Spice simulation?