[SI-LIST] Re: Length matching of DDR-1 data lines - does it really have to be that tight?

  • From: "Kenneth W. Egan" <kegan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dp@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 23:05:42 -0500

Dimiter,

      DDR-1 SDRAM's skew is for that device., i.e. a micron part, let's say,
indicates .4-.5nS skew, that's its potential worst case skew for the memory
device (outptut). The timing stack for the board would be memory--->
interconnect ---> memory controller (or other device ). So it may come down
to what's the skew tolerance of your memory controller, and design the
interconnect skew for the overall timing.

 KWE