[SI-LIST] Re: LVDS to TTL converter

  • From: Richard Jungert <r_jungert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Steven Kan <steven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <hariprasad.palli@xxxxxxxxx>, si list freelist <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 19:45:36 -0700

Venkat.

In the telecom world in order to get from NRZ data ( clock and data ) to a bit
error analyzer 3 more circuits are needed in the main path. Here is how it
works for 45Mb/s DS3 US or 34Mb/s European Telecom data. The process is very
similar at 622MB/s OC-12.

1st start with: NRZ data ( scrambled ) signaling

2nd circuit: B3ZS Decoder circuit to RZ data ( data+ and data- with embedded
clock )

3rd circuit: RZ data to balanced 110 ohm to 75 ohm transformer and unity gain
buffer. With a 75 ohm output you can go to BER analyzer with 1 cable. This
signal is bipolar with embedded clock and DC balanced.  The DS3 signal ready
for BER analyzer!!

The bit error analyzer has a the reverse signaling process ( with RZ to NRZ
Encoder ) to get back to NRZ data for BER analysis.  One can also make a simple
bit error counter with NRZ data but this has to be implemented into the
scrambler circuit.  ie: take the scrambler output and with 1 exclusive or gate
compare the scrambled data to incoming data to count single bit errors.

NRZ and scrambled DATA >> NRZ to RZ Decoder circuit >> Balanced RZ data to 75
ohm ( transformer ) circuit>> BER analyzer.

Here is an example of how to design a B3ZS encoder decoder circuit for 45Mb/s
to get the basic idea.
http://www.metatech.com.hk/appnote/teridian/pdf/wan/APP_B3ZSendec_v2-0.pdf
TDK semiconductor make this one.

Richard Jungert