[SI-LIST] Re: LVDS Transmission Problem

  • From: Scott McMorrow <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 09:24:05 -0400

Baris
To follow on with what Steve has stated, a quick calculation will show
that your cable delay is somewhere on the order of 40 to 50 ns.  If you
have any significant mismatches along the cable or at the ends, you will
set up a standing wave resonance pattern that would have somewhere near
a 10 MHz half wave resonance. A TDR of the cable should help you uncover
the problem.  I would guess that you have a large impedance mismatch in
your system.  As a guess, I think your cable impedance is significantly
higher than the impedance of either of your attached systems.  The other
possibility is that you are not correctly terminating the ends of the line.

regards,

Scott

Scott McMorrow
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC
121 North River Drive
Narragansett, RI 02882
(401) 284-1827 Business
(401) 284-1840 Fax

http://www.teraspeed.com

Teraspeed® is the registered service mark of

steve weir wrote:

> [...]
>>
>>TURKEY
>>
>>Tel : +90 312 847 53 00 / 4534
>>
>>Fax : +90 312 847 53 20
>>
>>e-mail : bduzgun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:bduzgunr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>

>>------=_NextPart_000_0000_01C5C378.B73F54C0
>>
>>xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
>>xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40";>
>>
>>Hi
>>

>>We have a system which is build up two subsytem. Data = signals between
>>the subsystems are in LVDS format. Between these two subsystems = there is
>>10m cable. LVDS data signals are carried using shielded twisted pair =
>>cables. Inside these two subsystem LVDS signals also passed through
>>backplanes = and flexes . We use national LVDS transmitter and receiver.
>>(DS90LV032ATM & DS90LV031ATM) . The data rate of the LVDS signals are
>>34MHz. The problem = is for some data patterns the transmitted and
>>received data is not same?  = As the  cable length is shortened to 3m and
>>frequency of LVDS signals is reduced the = problem somewhat lowered but we
>>have still the problem. What could be the = reasons for this problem?
>>

>>=
>>
>>M.Baris = DUZGUN
>>
>>Hardware Senior = Expert Engineer
>>
>>ASELSAN INC. MGEO = Division
>>
>>P.K. 30 = 06011
>>
>>Etlik = ANKARA
>>
>>TURKEY
>>=
>>
>>Tel : +90 312 847 53 00 / = 4534
>>
>>Fax : +90 312 847 53 = 20
>>
>>e-mail : bduzgun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>

>>------=_NextPart_000_0000_01C5C378.B73F54C0--
>>
>>-- Attached file included as plaintext by Ecartis --
>>
>>Dikkat :
>>Bu elektronik posta mesajı kiÅY"iseldir. EÄY"er, gönderilmesi
>>gereken kiÅY"i deÄY"ilseniz lütfen göndericiyi bilgilendirip
>>mesajı siliniz. Firmamıza gelen ve giden mesajlar virüs
>>taramasından geçirilmekte, hukuki nedenlerle log kayıtları
>>tutulmaktadır. Mesajdaki görüÅY"ler ve bakıÅY" açısı göndericiye
>>ait olup Aselsan A.Åz(. resmi görüÅY"ü olmak zorunda deÄY"ildir.
>>
>>Attention :
>>This e-mail message is private.
>>If you are not the intended recipient please delete
>>the message and notify the sender. E-mails to and
>>

>>from the company are, monitored for virus protection
>

>>and in accordance with lawful business practices.
>>Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the
>>author and do not necessarily represent the views of
>>Aselsan A.S.
>>
>>or to administer your membership from a web page, go to:
>>//www.freelists.org/webpage/si-list
>>
>>For help:
>>si-list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'help' in the Subject field
>>
>>List FAQ wiki page is located at:
>>                http://si-list.org/wiki/wiki.pl?Si-List_FAQ
>>
>>List technical documents are available at:
>>                http://www.si-list.org
>>
>>List archives are viewable at:
>>                //www.freelists.org/archives/si-list
>>or at our remote archives:
>>Old (prior to June 6, 2001) list archives are viewable at:

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.org

List archives are viewable at: