[SI-LIST] Re: LVDS & TMDS

  • From: "ZL e-Studio" <zl_estudio@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ched_chang@xxxxxxxxxxx, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 18:06:34 -0800

Dear all,

I have a question about the TMDS too: what's the maximum transmisstion
lengthallowed by the DVI interface? Assume the screen resolution is
1280x1024or higher.

Regards,

ZL e-Studio (Shanghai)

  >From: "Ched-Chang Chai" >Reply-To: ched_chang@xxxxxxxxxxx >To:
si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx >Subject: [SI-LIST] LVDS &TMDS >Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003
09:47:52 +0800 >>>Dear all, >>I have a few questions about LVDS and TMDS:
>>LVDS: >(1) The clock pair frequency is different from the data pair
frequency. What >is the skew requirements between clock pair and data pairs?
>(2) How should I measure the delay: Is it from the crossing point of the
>driver differential pair to the crossing point of the receiver differential
>pair? >>TMDS: >(1) From the VESA plug and display standard, it states that
the effective >data transmission is 10 times the clock frequency and the
skewamong the >data pairs is allowed within one bit time (one tenth of one
clock cycle >period). Is there a skew requirement between the clock pair and
data pairs? >(2) How should I measure the delay: Is it from the crossing
point of the >driver differential pair to the crossing point of the receiver
differential >pair? >>Thank you very much in advance. >-- >Regards, >Chai
>http://www.qsl.net/wb6tpu >

List archives are viewable at: