[SI-LIST] Re: IBIS simulation LVPECL

  • From: "Tom Dagostino" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Bob Tarasewicz'" <Bob.Tarasewicz@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'Istvan Novak - Board Design Technology'" <Istvan.Novak@xxxxxxx>, "'Cotton, Chris'" <Chris.Cotton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 11:21:55 -0700

What you are measuring and what you are simulating are not the same. When
you put the probe on the net you are adding an additional set of parasitics
from the probe that are not in the net you are simulating.  And from what
you describe below the half pF you changed the package model by is likely
about the magnitude of the probe's parasitics.  Try adding the probe to the
simulation and see what you get.

Tom Dagostino
Teraspeed(R) Labs
13610 SW Harness Lane