[SI-LIST] Re: IBIS simulation LVPECL

  • From: Istvan Novak - Board Design Technology <Istvan.Novak@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Bob Tarasewicz <Bob.Tarasewicz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 12:24:05 -0400

Bob,
The one-lump R-L-C IBIS package model can capture the delay pretty
accurately but it
wont reproduce the step you see.  The 100ps delay (200ps wide step)
corresponds to
about a centimeter interconnect in a board and organic package.  If this
makes sense by
looking at your package, then you can trust your measurement.  Whether
you need to
change the simulation environment depends on what kind of signaling you
simulate
and how critical this detail is for your overall simulation. Once the
phenomenon is
understood, you may just ignore it as long as you do not use the signal
anywhere
else other than at the far end, at the silicon receive input .

Regards,
Istvan

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net