[SI-LIST] Re: IBIS basic question

  • From: "lgreen" <lgreen22@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <JIWU@xxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 09:43:08 -0800

Hello, Jing,

The IBIS Quality Checklist recommends that both clamp tables cover the full
range of -Vcc to 2*Vcc (since different tools could extrapolate
differently). Normally, the clamp current is 0A above 0V in both clamp
tables. However, active clamping (on-die pullup/down "resistors") could have
non-zero current in this range.

Since SI simulators sum currents, it is important to make sure currents are
never double-counted.

The IBIS summing is:
I_up = [Pullup] + [GND Clamp] + [PowerClamp]
I_dn = [Pulldown] + [GND Clamp] + [PowerClamp]
I_in = [GND Clamp] + [PowerClamp]

Best regards,
Lynne

"IBIS training when you need it, where you need it."

Dr. Lynne Green
Green Streak Programs
http://www.greenstreakprograms.com
lgreen22@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx