[SI-LIST] Hspice problems with [Driver_Schedule] IBIS buffers

  • From: Linnenbruegger Dirk <Dirk.Linnenbruegger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 15:08:59 +0100

Hi all,

currently I'm checking an IBIS buffer model which
uses the [Driver_Schedule] option.

The test load as well as the set up for the buffer
model seem to be correct. The simulation with
HSPICE 2002.2 runs without any errors.

b_Drv_io  Drv_nd_pu  Drv_nd_pd
   +         Drv_out    Drv_in
   +         Drv_nd_en  Drv_V_out_of_in
   +         Drv_nd_pc  Drv_nd_gc
+ file     = './drv_sched.ibs'
+ model    = 'drv_sched_model1'
+ buffer   = 6    $ Top Level Model I/O_open_drain buffer
+ typ      = typ

But now I wonder about the strange waveforms, which have
been computed at a pulse frequency of 533 MHz.
The correlation to the reference waveforms is very weak.
However, the IBIS model was generated for 533 MHz!

After a long try-and-error-phase the correlation becomes
better with the following parameter set for the b_Drv_io
element:

+ fwf_scal=1.1 rwf_scal=0.9
+ pu_scal=0.2

Now my question is: does anyone know a quick and easy
solution to find a parameter set for good simulation
results or does anyone else has similar problems?

Thank you,
Dirk.

List archives are viewable at: