[SI-LIST] Re: Hspice Network Analysis

  • From: "Mike Degerstrom" <degers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bill.Cohen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 08:42:39 -0600

Bill,

The capacitance is dependant on bias voltage.

This should work:

1) Repeat your transient analysis with a ramp
starting at .9*VDD and stopping at 1.1*VDD.

2) Repeat your AC analysis but with the DC
voltage set to VDD.

Your results now should match.  Your analysis is interesting as
I've modeled PDS on chips in the past.  I didn't take the time
to see if series resistance makes a difference for on-chip
decaps but suspected it didn't.  I actually didn't model
the decaps but used ideal capacitors to match the databook
specs. for the capacitance per sq/micron for the decap
cells.

Mike

--
         Mike Degerstrom  email: degers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx