[SI-LIST] Re: How can we differentiate the SPICE models ?

  • From: pietro <pietrov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 17:48:40 +0100

Hello Balamanikandan,

it is not the file extension that makes the difference but it's content.

Spice "should" be a standard but that is not really true as there are
several flavours hence is not guarantee that a model that is working
with one simulator will work with the other and may even create
convergence problems.

Indeed you should differentiate between a "primitive"model (mos,bjt,...)
and a subckt as in latter case a model can include simulator specific
ideal functions and in that case the subckt model will not work with
other simulators.

In my knowledge, Eldo can read Pspice and Hspice models and I know for
sure Hspice can read Eldo models. I'm not sure about Pspice reading Eldo
and Hspice models.

Hope this help.

Best Regards,

Pietro

Pietro Vergine
President

Leading Edge
c/o Parco Scientifico Tecnologico
Kilometro Rosso
Via Stezzano 87
24126 Bergamo - Italy
office (+39) 035 0690440
fax    (+39) 035 0690439
mobile (+39) 335-5783220
email: pietrov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
internet: www.leading-edge.it
Skype: pietver27

Rispetta l'ambiente: se non ti è necessario, non stampare questa mail.
To respect the environment, if not necessary do not print this email

On 01/29/2013 01:53 PM, Balamanikandan K wrote:
> Hi,
>     There are many SPICE models. Some are HSPICE,PSPICE, ELDO .
>
>     How can we differentiate the SPICE models ?
>
>     What is the file extension  for the SPICE model that can be simulated
> using ELDO simulator?
>     What is the file extension  for the SPICE model that can be simulated
> using HSPICE simulator?

List forum  is accessible at:

List archives are viewable at: