[SI-LIST] Re: How can we differentiate the SPICE models ?

  • From: "Beal, Weston" <Weston_Beal@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "kbmanick@xxxxxxxxx" <kbmanick@xxxxxxxxx>, "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 18:43:41 +0000

Unfortunately, you cannot differentiate by the file name extension. They all
use various extensions, and in fact, can use any extension. The syntax in the
files generally looks the same, too. For simple passive circuits, like
resistors and capacitors, you can use the same file in all SPICE simulators.
The differences arise in advanced transistor models, enhanced features of basic
elements, a few particular elements, and encryption. In these cases, the file
should have some indication in the comments or associated document that
specifies the intended variation of SPICE that the file is written for.

Weston

   There are many SPICE models. Some are HSPICE,PSPICE, ELDO .

   How can we differentiate the SPICE models ?

   What is the file extension  for the SPICE model that can be simulated using
ELDO simulator?
   What is the file extension  for the SPICE model that can be simulated using
HSPICE simulator?
--
Best Regards,
Balamanikandan.K