[SI-LIST] Re: High speed USB cable

  • From: "Clewell, Craig" <Cclewell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bharathrajupcb@xxxxxxxxxxx" <bharathrajupcb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 08:32:24 -0500

 In addition, note that the USB cable does not have to meet CISPR Class B r=
equirements to be able to use the logo.  For your particular application it=
 may need to pass, but the USB spec only requires a shielding effectiveness=
 test.   Furthermore, I know for a fact that a USB cable can meet CISPR Cla=
ss C requirements with a properly shielded cable, and attention to the term=
inations since I have done so.  The "system" is reliant on not only the cab=
le, but the termination to the cable.  In other words, the same cable can b=
e used in 2 different "systems" and only pass in one due to differences in =
the terminations.  The closer you get to the 360 degree termination the bet=
ter.  Pay attention to the termination of the shield.  Orin alluded to your=
 fist line of defense which should be looking at the source, and how the en=
ergy is getting out.

Craig