[SI-LIST] Hands-on Workshops from Agilent EEsof EDA: Ontario ON, Chelmsford MA, Minneapolis MN, Santa Clara CA, Anaheim CA

  • From: <colin_warwick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 12:55:35 -0600

Hi,

We're offering five complementary hands-on workshops entitled "Design Using
Fast Channel Simulation and Statistical Eye Diagrams." Seating is limited:
early enrollment is advised.
Details below.

Best regards,
-- Colin Warwick
Agilent EEsof EDA

==Title==
Design Using Fast Channel Simulation and Statistical Eye Diagrams

==Registration==
http://agilent.distributech.ca/registration.asp?seminarid=296 or
http://bit.ly/iVesF

==Abstract==
Signal integrity engineers need to determine ultralow BER contours for
thousands of points in the design space in order to select the optimum set of
characteristics for transmitter, channel, and receiver. Traditional techniques
consume a prohibitively long simulation time. For this reason we've implemented
a new statistical mode in our Channel Simulator that eliminates the need for
long, multi-million-bit simulations. Now you can generate eye diagrams with
ultralow BER contours in just a few seconds.
This in-depth, hands-on workshop will demonstrate the "what if" design space
exploration workflow that our new statistical eye diagram channel simulator
enables, and will also cover tools and modes that can be used in exceptional
cases (e.g. equalizer adaptation, non-linearity, or specific bit patterns)
where statistical eye techniques cannot be applied.
You will get first hand experiencing using signal integrity features that are
new in ADS 2009 Update 1 and EMPro 2009, including equalizers, DDR compliance
toolkit, and via simulation with 3DEM.

==Who should attend this workshop==
Signal integrity engineers for multigigabit links who are running into effects
previously only seen in RF and microwave circuits.

==Dates & Locations==
September 15, 2009 - Ottawa, ON
September 22, 2009 - Chelmsford, MA
September 24, 2009 - Minneapolis, MN