[SI-LIST] Re: Fwd: About input impedance of a operating receiver

  • From: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2013 03:41:27 -0700

I thought that this was answered already but do not see the replies.

The transistor gates on the die appear capacitive.  The package
interconnect is between those gates and the PCB.

Yes impedance is frequency dependent.

You can TDR, or perform S11 measurements on devices to characterize
impedance as seen from the outside.

Steve.
On 4/8/2013 3:23 AM, XingMing Li wrote:
> Hi experts,
>   I have some questions about the input impedance of a operating IC (work as
> a reciever). I think most of the recievers are CMOS based, then the input
> of the IC is conneting with the gate, so the impedance is high. However,
> most IC models give out package inductance and load capacitors, does it
> mean that the impedance depands on the frequency?
>   Is there any way to measure the input impedance of a operating IC? Thank
> you.

> List forum  is accessible at:
>
> List archives are viewable at:

Steve Weir
IPBLOX, LLC
1580 Grand Point Way
MS 34689
Reno, NV  89523-9998
www.ipblox.com

(775) 299-4236 Business
(866) 675-4630 Toll-free
(707) 780-1951 Fax

All contents Copyright (c)2013 IPBLOX, LLC.  All Rights Reserved.
This e-mail may contain confidential material.
If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy all records
and notify the sender.

List forum  is accessible at:

List archives are viewable at: