[SI-LIST] Free Agilent webcast, live June 15th 2010: "Which EM Solver Should I Use?"

  • From: <colin_warwick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 07:41:37 -0600

Hello si-lister,

Oliver Heaviside wrangled Maxwell's equations down to a neat four, so why are
there about four thousand different EM solvers? Why so many techniques and
implementations? When to use which? What's the quasi- in quasi-static? Isn't
'3D planar' an oxymoron? If there's a full wave solver, why isn't there a half
wave solver? Isn't the 0.5 dimension in a 2.5D solver a bit like being half
pregnant?

We're offering free webcast to answer all of these questions -- well, OK, not
the last few: I made those up -- and more.

Title:

Which EM Solver Should I Use?

The Real Abstract:

Different applications require different EM simulation technologies, but it is
not always easy to determine which technology is best for a particular
application. In this webcast we will review the most common EM simulations
technologies in use today for RF, microwave and high-speed digital design
projects: Method of Moments (MoM), Finite Element Method (FEM) and Finite
Difference Time Domain (FDTD). We will start with some background theory, and
then show several application examples that highlight the strength of each
technology.
Where & When:
June 15th, 2010 10:00AM - 11:00AM Pacific (1:00PM - 2:00PM Eastern)
Bring your questions for the live Q&A with my expert colleagues HeeSoo Lee and
Marc Petersen.
Registration long link:
https://agilent.webex.com/agilent/onstage/g.php?t=a&d=820449937&SourceID=si-list

Shortened link in case long link gets mangled:

http://bit.ly/dvoKxs

BTW, if you can't wait to get started, our answer to the static versus
quasi-static versus full wave question is here:
http://www.edaboard.com/viewtopic.php?p=1276286#1276286 or here
http://bit.ly/bwuV0U .

Best regards,

-- Colin Warwick
Signal Integrity Design Flow Manager, Agilent EEsof EDA
Blog: http://signal-integrity.tm.agilent.com
Information Exchange for IBIS Model Users: http://www.ibis-user.org

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net