[SI-LIST] Re: Fiber transceiver assemblies, fully assembled?

  • From: "Kai Keskinen" <kalevi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <steven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "SI-List" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 17:28:48 -0500

The Small Form Factor Pluggable (SFP) on a simple PCB with some jelly bean
components does the job for a point to point link. You need one at each end.
If you need to increase the range, you get the appropriate SFP and the right
fibre type. The optical test equipment can be leased for the time you need
it.