[SI-LIST] Re: FREE-FEM

  • From: Tadashi Arai <arap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[SI-LIST]" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 16:26:31 +0900

Hi Craig,

Thank you for great information.

However I have expected this to perform as an "field solver", I
downloaded to know it is a "generic" FEM solver not only for solving
Maxwell's equation. Though it is difficult for me, I want to use this
as an impedance calculator.

Could you please send some sample to me ? I want to know how to
calculate characteristics of microstrips, striplines, or cables.

Best Regards,

On Sun, 03 Mar 2002 08:42:21 -0500
C Deibele <deibele@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I apologize for sending this email out to everyone - I forget with whom I was
> emailing about Free-fem  (i have the memory of a sieve).  I found a link to
> their site (it was buried 3 layers deep in my email filing system)
>
> http://www-rocq.inria.fr/Frederic.Hecht/freefem+.htm
>
> For anyone wanting to use a quick simple 2-d FEM tool for analyzing coupled
> lines, or whatever you want to analyze 2-d, I use this tool and have had
> success w/ it.
>
> Craig

> List archives are viewable at:

Tadashi Arai//Platform Developing Dept.,Desktop Prd Div. Fujitsu Limited
arap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx  TEL:+81-42-370-7624  Inagi-shi, Tokyo, Japan

List archives are viewable at: