[SI-LIST] GMII timings

  • From: Ramesh.Reddy@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 10:36:55 +0530

Hi
   I am doing GMII timing analysis between Dual processor (BCM12500) and Gigabit
Ethernet Transceiver (BCM5421).
   It is source synchronous at 125MHz frequency.
  1)  I want to know what are the timing quations and timing parameters i have
to consider. Is their any application note on this.
  2)  If i match the length between Transmit clock(GTXCLK) and Transmit
data(TXD) by considering the package length in the processor(BCM12500) and
making all the signals to route in
       the same layer,then no need to do any timing analysis. Am i correct?

  Thanks & Regards
   Ramesh

List archives are viewable at: