[SI-LIST] Re: Ethernet 1000-BaseT Full duplex Signaling ..

  • From: Hermann Ruckerbauer <Hermann.Ruckerbauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ramesh N <n.rameshhwde@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 20:56:03 +0200

Thanks to all who replied!
the "hybrid" transceivers are the answer to my question!

thanks and regards

Hermann

Our next Events:
Seminar "Open the Black Box of Memory" (17.-18.08.2015 and 20.-21.08.2015) in
Penang and Bangalore

EKH - EyeKnowHow
Hermann Ruckerbauer
www.EyeKnowHow.de
Hermann.Ruckerbauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Itzlinger Strasse 21a
94469 Deggendorf
Tel.: +49 (0)991 / 29 69 29 05
Mobile: +49 (0)176 / 787 787 77
Fax: +49 (0)3212 / 121 9008

Am 14.05.2015 um 16:01 schrieb Ramesh N:

Hello Hermann,

1000Base-T uses bidirectional Transceivers. In addition to this,
addional filtering in included in receivers to remove tx components.
This link provides brief explanation on this (p11).Hope this is helpful...

http://www.dveo.com/pdf/GEA1000BASET1197_rev-wp.pdf

Best regards,
Ramesh

On Thursday, May 14, 2015, Hermann Ruckerbauer
<Hermann.Ruckerbauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:Hermann.Ruckerbauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Hello *,

I know i can do some more homework on this one .. but I hope somebody
can provide a hint where to start (the Ethernet spec is very
comprehensive ;-) )

100Mb Ethernet (BASE-T) does have a RX and TX pair ... so full Duplex
seems quite simple as TX and RX direction can be handeled
independently ...

I did quite some reading on Gigabit Ethernet (1000Base-T) and do
(partly) understand how we get the Gigabit Transferrate on 4 pairs by
coding.
What I have not found: How is this "Full duplex" done ?
There are no dedicated RX/TX wires, so either this is done
"Bidirectional" and write / Read "time slots" (allowing only 1Gb
in one
direction), or simultanious bidirectional by subtracting sent from
received data ( allowing 1Gb TX + 1Gb RX = 2Gb transferrate in both
direction (what would be my understanding of "Full duplex) )
Or there might be another way to implement full duplex if all 4
wirepairs are used for one direction ..

If anybody could tell me what too look for in the ethernet spec
(or give
a short explanation) this would be very much appreciated ..

www.EyeKnowHow.de <http://www.EyeKnowHow.de>
Hermann.Ruckerbauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Itzlinger Strasse 21a
94469 Deggendorf