[SI-LIST] Re: ESD Structure in IBIS

  • From: Umesh Painaik <upainaik@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Timothy.Coyle@xxxxxxx, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 16:11:03 -0400

Hi Tim
I assume you are getting the ground clamp from spice.
I have always faced the ideal diode problem with spice reverse bias junction
diodes and ESD diodes.
The solution is the parameter ijth (version 2001.2 on). This parameter is by
default set to 1 for diodes and nmos or pmos. If you set it to smaller e.g.
0.001, it limits the current through these diodes and eliminates the 200A
current. You will see more realistic currents this way.
Again these are much beyond the operating range, hence they should not
affect your simulation.
Hope this helps.
Umesh Painaik
Mentor Graphics formerly Innoveda