[SI-LIST] Re: Doubt about RC constant Low Pass Filter

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 16:04:29 +0000

All,

While it is true that circuit elements provided by the GUI toolbar
in HyperLynx include mounting parasitics, you can also build circuits
in HyperLynx with "pure" SPICE circuit elements as in any other SPICE
simulator.  You just need to be familiar enough with HyperLynx to know
how to do it.  While HyperLynx is an easy to use tool, it is also very
sophisticated with zillions of features and capabilities.  If you need
help with HyperLynx, please do not hesitate to ask for help from your
local Mentor technical support team.  Public discussion forums like this
one are not the place to get such help.

Fan,

To be honest, I really don't understand the details of your original
problem description.  I suspect that there may be fundamental errors in
the calculations (for example omitting the PCB trace impedance, or the
buffer impedance, or the buffer's pad capacitance, etc...).  Please
describe your circuit and calculations with a little more detail so
we can see better what you are trying to do.

Thanks,

Arpad