[SI-LIST] DDR3 Diff Signals Slew-rate

  • From: Hirshtal Itzhak <ihirshtal@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 14:38:58 +0200

Dear Experts

The Derating Tables & Figures in the DDR3 JEDEC (JESD79-3D), define a
"nominal slew-rate" for the Address/Command/Data signals.

I couldn't find any such reference to the diff signals - CLK & DQS.

Is the reason for this is that the diff signals are not allowed to have
a slew-rate which is different from the "nominal" one?

I hope my question is clear enough, but I'll try to clear it further:

When looking at the above mentioned figures (e.g. Fig. 110), one can see
that the slew-rate of Single-ended signals is allowed by the spec to be
non-constant, and therefore the definition of the "nominal slew-rate"
arises.

My question is, therefore: Are the Diff signals not allowed to have such
a non-constant slew-rate? Are they required to have a constant
slew-rate?

Thanks

Itzhak hirshtal

 The information contained in this communication is proprietary to Israel
Aerospace Industries Ltd., ELTA Systems Ltd.
and/or third parties, may contain classified or privileged information, and is
intended only for
the use of the intended addressee thereof. If you are not the intended
addressee, please be aware
that any use, disclosure, distribution and/or copying of this communication is
strictly prohibited.
If you receive this communication in error, please notify the sender
immediately and delete it from
your computer. Thank you.

This message is processed by the PrivaWall Email Security Server.

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net

List archives are viewable at: