[SI-LIST] Re: DC blocking caps with more loss

  • From: "EverettA" <etaske@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2012 18:37:42 -0000

Rick,
It sounds like you need a broadband equalizer circuit.  ATC (American Technical
Ceramics)offers a line of Ultra Broadband Caps, Resistors and Inductors (up to
40 GHz).  They have a new equalizer circuit designed for this very issue.  I
couldn't find a link to the product on their website but you can contact them
directly for more details.  It can be designed to be as small as 0103 and have
what ever insertion characteristics that you need. It can't be used in place of
a DC Block though.

Everett

--- In si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Rick Brooks (ricbrook)" <ricbrook@...> wrote:

> Hi experts.
> Does anyone have experience in 0402 blocking caps that have a few dB more
> loss above 1GHz compared with 100nF, X7R?
> Yes, in this special case, I want a bit more loss in a channel where I cannot
> change the board material or trace lengths/match.
> thanks in advance.
> - Rick

> si-list-request@... with 'help' in the Subject field
>

> List forum  is accessible at: