[SI-LIST] Current Distribution

  • From: bala <balaseven@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 18:28:28 +0530

Hi All,

I have a three identical PCB plane for a particular voltage rail and the
load consumes 10 amps. Since the planes are identical each plane will carry
1/3rd of the total current? Is this correct? Or the shortest path takes the
entire current always .How the current are distributed in PCB when we have
multiple planes on multiple layers for same voltage. When I do current
density analysis all three shapes shows violation and when I add one more
shape on another layer to bring density down the density on surviving three
layers did not change. As we added additional layer for this rail, we
should see some difference in the layer density. As the tool takes the
total current (10 Amps, instead of 1/3rd) on each layer the density is
more, so we should allot the current carefully? Am I correct? Any
suggestions?

Regards
bala

List forum  is accessible at: