[SI-LIST] Crosstalk - Impact on bus timing

  • From: "Ched-Chang Chai" <ched_chang@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 15:44:57 +0800

Hi All,
I have some questions regarding the impact of crosstalk on bus timing.
Referring to a presenataion slide, it states that crosstalk between adjacent
bus bits affects edge speed, either make it slower or faster, depending on
either EVEN (signal transitions at the adjacent traces are the same as the
one at the victim trace) or ODD mode (signal transitions at the adjacent
traces are opposite to the one at the victim trace) configuration is used.
My questions are as below:
(1) Given certain trace geometries and signal rise times, are there any
equations which can be used to estimate this effect quantitatively?
(2) Any good references on this subject?
(3) I would appreciate if anyone could brief me the theory behind.
Thank you very much in advance.
Chai

List archives are viewable at: