[SI-LIST] Re: Copper width that has DCR within target spec

  • From: Istvan Novak <istvan.novak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wufengthu@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2013 23:06:36 -0400

Hi Feng,

What you say is all true, but unfortunately getting a reasonable
estimate for DC resistance by hand calculations under realistic
(complex) geometries is not possible.  Even at DC the current density
has a two (or three, in multi-layer plane structures) dimensional
distribution, so you need a tool to mesh the structure and calculate the
DC resistance.

Regards,

Istvan NovakOracle

On 9/28/2013 2:08 AM, Feng Wu wrote:
> Hi Mark
> It is definitely true, we need to consider impedance from AC point of view.
> However I would like to check/design the DC performance at beginning before
> checking/designing AC performance. In practice this is proved to be more
> effiecient way. There are lots of reason. One of the most important is,
> although the DC point of Z is R, yet we can't obtain all the DC information
> accurately, sufficiently and efficiently by AC simulation tool.
>
> Thanks
> Feng

List forum  is accessible at:

List archives are viewable at: