[SI-LIST] Conducted emissions diagnosis device

  • From: "Muriel Bittencourt de Liz" <muriel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "SI List" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 00:41:44 -0300

Hello Group,

I am looking for a device that will differentiate the dominant component
(either
common-mode or differential-mode current) in the total conducted noise
emission
current of a product measuring through its' power cord using a LISN.

This device can be called "common/differential mode current separator". In
conducted
noise emission measurement, both common-mode and differential mode noise
current are measured by LISN and the LISN can't tell which mode is the
dominant
current.

I came across a paper by Clayton Paul and Keith Hardin which explain the
usefulness of a separator like this that would identified the dominant
current
from the total current. Hence, the correct capacitor value(either X-caps or
Y-caps) can be changed accordingly so to reduce the overall conducted noise.
The book by Clayton Paul "Introduction to Eletromagnetic Compatibility" has
also mention about this device.

I have contacted a few persons trying to look for the person who have
actually
built this separator himself and I am also looking for any vendor who have
this
product for sale. So far, my effort has yield no results.

Can anybody point me to the right person so that i can try to built this
separator myself. Any other suggestion and comments are greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Muriel Bittencourt de Liz
Ph.D. Student - EMC for Power Electronics
Federal University at Santa Catarina
Florianópolis, SC
Brazil

List archives are viewable at: