[SI-LIST] Re: Welcome to list 'si-list'

  • From: Monica Mihai <monica_mihai@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 23:33:50 -0800 (PST)

 Thank you for aproving my subscribing request.

 My primary interest was to trace a former university colleague: Dan Hariton.
 This is the most recent list in which I found his name as a subscriber. We
 are trying to find the colleagues that graduated Electronica &
Telecomunication
 Faculty of the Politechnical University of Bucharest in July 1975.

 In reading the welcoming message I got to the idea to post on this mailing
list
 the fact that I am part of an outsoursing company in Bucharest:
 EDCG-Informatica SRL.

 You can find information (a little outdated) regarding our activity on the
site:

 www.edcgi.ro

 Since I am already here I will use this opportunity to post here and the
problems of signal integrity we come across in our day to day work and use
information I get in the same end.

 Monica Mihai (Horvat)

          WELCOME to the si-list (The Signal Integrity Mailing List)

 > PURPOSE:
 >         The si-list is intended to be a forum for professionals both
 > in industry and academia to: discuss signal integrity matters, ask
 > questions pertaining to si, make announcements related to si related
 > functions, and anything else you can think of related signal integrity.
 >         Modeling, simulation, measurements, software, EMC/EMI are
 > some of the areas for discussion that come to mind.
 >
 >      Postings advertising job openings are permitted by working
 > engineers or hiring mangagers looking to add to their staff.
 > Postings by 'headhunters' and HR departments are generally discouraged.
 >
 >      Postings by vendors (hardware and software) should be primarily
 > technical in nature and hopefully should not come across as advertiesments.
 > This is not a marketing forum. Vendors should refer those interested in
 > further information on commercial products to an e-mail/web address or
 > phone number for more detailed follow-up on products.
 >
 > HOW TO USE:
 > To send a message to the list subscribers:
 >                 ==>  email to: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  <==
 >
 > Any message sent to this address will be broadcast to ALL subscribers
 > of the list. Remember that this list is comprised of members from
 > various organizations both academic and commercial scattered across the
 > continent, so be careful not to post proprietary information. Please
 > use the majordomo address described below for administrative matters.
 > This will help maximize the signal to noise ratio on the list and keep
 > admin messages from flooding everyones mailbox.
 >

 > For administrative matters (subscribe, unsubscribe, change address, etc.):
 >                 ==> e-mail to: si-list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  <==
 >
 > In the SUBJECT of the message place either SUBSCRIBE, UNSUBSCRIBE,
 > INFO, or HELP. The appropriate action will take place. In the event
 > that the system is confused by your request it will send e-mail
 > detailing the proper format.
 >
 > For more detailed info on setting or usetting digest modes, vacation
 > mode and other options send a message to si-list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 > with HELP or COMMANDS in the subject line.
 >
 >         Thanks to all of those that expressed interest in the concept of
 > an internet signal integrity mailing list.

 > -
 > NOTE: !!!!!
 >
 >        This is an open list subscribed to by over 2400 individuals
 > in both industry and academia. Many of them may be your competitors.
 > Please be sure not to post any information that you feel may be
 > proprietary or sensitive! Once you post something it is off to all
 > 4 corners of the earth!
 >
 > Archives prior to 6/7/2001 are accessible at:
 >               http://www.qsl.net/wb6tpu
 >
 > current archives (6/7/200 and forward) are accessible at:
 >              //www.freelists.org/archives/si-list
 >
 > or alternatively at our remote archive location:

 > for the internet technical community by:
 >

 >             Raymond E. Anderson WB6TPU
 >             Staff Signal Integrity Engineer
> [...]

List archives are viewable at: