[SI-LIST] Re: Check LPDDR2 CK-DQS timing

  • From: Hermann Ruckerbauer <Hermann.Ruckerbauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: zlqin80@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 09:24:11 +0200

Yes,
all DRAM specs just define what need to be applied at the DRAM inputs.
Controller are not commodity (unfortionally  ;-)  ).
Calculating the timing budget is therefore part of the design process
for each design.

I guess you mentioned this already (but somehow the formatting was lost,
so your e-mail was difficult to read):
You need to consider all uncertainties: Contoller output uncertainty,
Routing lenght mismatch and Channel introduced jitter on clock and DQS
(not sure if I forgot anything). Add all of this together and you should
be still below the allowed skew at the DRAM inputs...

Hemrann

Our next Events:
================

"Open the Black Box of Memory"
Seminar on 08/09. November 2012

Check our website or contact us for details

EKH - EyeKnowHow
Hermann Ruckerbauer
www.EyeKnowHow.de
Hermann.Ruckerbauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx