[SI-LIST] Re: Ccomp in HSPICE

  • From: "Mirmak, Michael" <michael.mirmak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,lgiacott@xxxxxxxxx, SI-List <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 17:00:30 -0700

To amplify Luca's comments, c_comp changes in the IBIS model should not make
a difference to the driven waveform, at least on the initial edge.

For most tools, the c_comp effects are considered to be "baked into" the V-t
curves or ramp data for the driver; the actual c_comp value in the file is
ignored for the initial driving phase of the buffer (Innoveda tools, at
least in the past, were an exception).  C_comp plays a role only when
reflections return to the driver or when the buffer receives.

In short, simulations into an ideal load where c_comp is being changed
within the IBIS model will not show any variations at all.  Only if you
observe a reflective environment or a receiving buffer will c_comp
adjustment effects be apparent.

- Michael Mirmak, Intel Corp.