[SI-LIST] Re: Ccomp in HSPICE

  • From: "Todd Westerhoff" <twester@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 10:46:52 -0400

Timothy,

If're you using the part where you're varying Ccomp as the driver, AND your
net is ideally terminated, then that's exactly what you're supposed to see -
no difference.

The V-T curves are produced with Ccomp "included", so the IBIS simulator is
supposed to adjust the driver's behavior so that the V-T curves are
reproduced, irrespective (within limits) of the value of Ccomp.  I did some
investigations on this a while back and reported results on this list.

Ccomp makes a difference for reflections off the driver (try simulating a
serially terminated or unterminated net).  Ccomp always makes a difference
for a receiver.

Hope that helps,

Todd.

Todd Westerhoff
Signal Integrity Engineer
Hammerhead Networks
5 Federal Street - Billerica, MA - 01821
email:twester@xxxxxxxxxxx - ph: 978-671-5084

"It's a long, long road, from which there is no return
 While we're on our way to there, why not share
 And the load, it doesn't weigh me down at all
 He ain't heavy, he's my brother"

- Sidney Russell and Robert Scott,
  (C) 1977 Harrison Music Corp., Jenny Music (ASCAP)