[SI-LIST] Berkeley SPICE to Intusoft SPICE question

  • From: "burke_ipc" <burke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 05:42:42 -0000

I have a customer who is struggling with properly importing standard
Berkeley SPICE files (nested or un-nested) into Intusoft SPICE
schematic editor and simulator.  Generally, they seem to able to
import the files, set up the terminations, sourcing and probing, but
the outcome is not the same as running in berkeley SPICE...It seems
possible node names are interpreted differently and perhaps cross
circuiting is occurring...or perhaps there is some compatability
issue with Intusofts use of the comment lines for their internal use
that may conflict with Berkeley SPICE.

The version of Berkeley SPICE is, I believe, the most recent version
that was supported (3F2?) not sure what version of Intusoft they are
running.

Any folks with experience in handling these situations that would
like to provide some insight would greatly be appreciated.

BTW, I have seen similar issues with PSPICE conversion but mainly
related to un-nesting the SPICE file so that it is "flat", and that
works OK.

Thanks for your input in advance.

Regards,

Brian Burke