[SI-LIST] Re: Asymmetric differential stripline impedance

  • From: 杨 智伟 <yzw_113@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "hitheshn@xxxxxxxxx" <hitheshn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2013 18:35:10 +0800

Hi Hithesh,

There is always three methods for the transmission line's impedance,

First, the impedance calculator based on trans-line structure, but I hadn't got
free published version.

Second, make trans-line model and solution based on EM tools, and some free EM
tools are found, eg Fast Field Solvers.

Third, you can calculate the impedance using included design tools for some pcb
layout tools, eg Allegro, Expendition in the case of you having  layout tool's
license.

Whatever method is chosen, It is essential that have enough knowledge for the
form of trans-line model.

Best Regards!

From iPhone

在 2013-1-3,13:04,Hithesh <hitheshn@xxxxxxxxx> 写道:

> Hi foks,
> Is there any online tool to calculate the impedance of assymetric
> differential stripline?
> I searched, nothing available for asymmetric differential. It's either
> asymmetric stripline or symmetric differential.
> How to calculate differential impedance from single ended impedance?
> This is with reference to USB signals.
>
> Thanks
> -Hithesh

> List forum  is accessible at: