[SI-LIST] Re: Article discussion on bad packages - I/O

  • From: Chris Cheng <Chris.Cheng@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To:
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 16:53:45 -0800

Larry,
I would completely agree with you on the need to separate the discussion
between I/O core core power distribution.
Today is the first time I actually have a chance to read the actual article
in EE times that starts the original discussion and I am convince that the
intend of the article is on I/O SSO noise, not core noise impact on the
FPGA.
May be it's just me but the first figure in the article looks really funny.
The current flow direction in the figure for 0->1 or 1->0 seems to be in
reversed direction of what the actual flow should be. What do you think ?
Needless to say, they are I/O switching current, not core.