[SI-LIST] About W-element formats

  • From: <TerenceHsieh@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 16:49:12 +0800

Dear all
          I have some confuse about w-element. The w-element support

4 different formats to specify the transmission line properties.

RLGC model, U-Model, Field solver model and tabular model.

1.      Both u-model and field solver model need to describe geography
of the stack-up.

What's the difference of these two models? Application and accuracy.

2.      When we using field solver calculation, it could output a RLGC
matrix. If we using the

RLGC model as the w-element input format, how is the discrepancy

between the field solver model and RLGC model?

3.      Base on some documents, tabular model is suggested to be used in
high frequency

simulation. What's the common method to get the tabular table
information.

Thanks.

Terence

List FAQ wiki page is located at: