[SI-LIST] AW: plotting large amount of s-parameters

  • From: "Ippich, Alexander" <alexander.ippich@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jeff.loyer@xxxxxxxxx" <jeff.loyer@xxxxxxxxx>, "arnshah@xxxxxxxxx" <arnshah@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 05:43:53 +0000

I did it both ways....

Excel is perfect for selecting / hiding / filtering columns and everything that
needs interactive working with the data.

On the other hand, if I have no control about the exact Touchstone format (in
case I get it from somebody else), it may need post-processing in Excel (like
converting real-imaginary format into dB-angle), which is a pain if it needs to
be done for many files. So Matlab / Octave / Scilab is a nice way in doing this
after writing a little import routine, that handles the different formats.

For Scilab, there is a RF toolbox in the public domain that contains many of
the macros needed. Unfortunately, it is not directly compatible with Matlab,
but it will get you started. For Matlab, there is also a RF toolbox, but it is
not free.

Best regards,
alex