[SI-LIST] Re: AW: Impedance_Multi Step_Calculation [Urgent]

  • From: johndp@xxxxxxxx
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 15:37:04 +0100

Jayasuryan,

The type of impedance matching transformer depends on the bandwidth you
require. Paul points out that there some coverage in Pozar, there is more
substantial covarge in RE Collins ?Foundations For Microwave Engineering?.

You can use numeric tools (matlab/mathcad) to determine the impedances you
require and a 2D EM solver to determine the widths for the given impedance
steps. In the limit the impedance transformer becomes a smooth curve between
one impedance and another, how you get there was widely studied in the 50's and
60's.

Regards

John

List technical documents are available at: