[SI-LIST] Re: AW: Impedance_Multi Step_Calculation [Urgent]

  • From: Paul Levin <levinpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 06:47:36 -0700

Dear Jayasuryan,

Please take a look at the section on Impedance Matching and Tuning
in David Pozar's book "Microwave Engineering." There you will find
a discussion of single-section and multisection transformers with
sufficient information to design your transformer. Your design will
be improved, however, if you have access to a linear simulator such
as Genesys or ADS.

Incidentally, in your diagram you have reversed the impedances of the
30 ohm and 50 ohm sections. For a transformer, the impedances should
always increase or decrease monotonically. (Otherwise you create
some sort of filter...)

Good luck!

Regards,

Paul Levin