[SI-LIST] Re: AC Termination Question

  • From: "McKinley, Jory D" <jory.d.mckinley@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'doug@xxxxxxxxxx'" <doug@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 11:55:51 -0700

Forgot to copy all.

-----Original Message-----
From: McKinley, Jory D=20
Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2002 1:58 PM
To: 'doug@xxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: RE: [SI-LIST] AC Termination Question

Hello Doug,
The capacitor is used in one case to decrease or eliminate the dc power =
of
the line.  The capacitor's value cannot be too small as to present the
incoming edge with impedance causing potential reflections.  On the =
other
hand, the capacitors value can not be too large as to slow down the =
incoming
edge beyond the design constraints.  Based on this one would think that =
an
AC termination with the proper capacitor value would be more =
appropriate on
an un-balanced bit stream due to dc power considerations.
-Enjoy,
Jory McKinley