[SI-LIST] Re: 4 Port VNA recommendations?

  • From: "Grossman, Brett" <brett.grossman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pritchard_jason@xxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 09:27:22 -0800

Jason,

It is surprising how difficult it can be to find a lot of information on
multiport systems, given their availability for the past several years.
And in my not-so-humble opinion, you are asking a great set of
questions. Sorry, but I couldn't resist the opportunity for a shameless
plug!

If you'll be at DesignCon, check out our presentation:

13-WA2 | Architectural Considerations for Multiport Vector Network
Analyzers (9:40-10:20 on Wed)

We don't talk about vendors in the paper.  Since a)I am not in
marketing, and b)most vendors have several potential architectures to
choose from, we have approached our presentation from an architectural
perspective.  We also won't answer everything you are looking for in 40
minutes, but will hopefully give you some additional info that may help
with your choices.  The information we show in the paper is based on
~20GHz 4-port and 8-port measurements, and our experience thus far with
12-port.

If you aren't able to attend DesignCon, shoot me a note off-list and
I'll see if we can get the paper/pres off to you.

Best regards,
-Brett