[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: who flies & who drives?

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: campaigners@xxxxxxxxxxxx, SCHARO1@xxxxxxx, targa50@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 20:49:07 -0800 (PST)

They are probably going to have a better chance reaching a national by car than
by plane. My guess is that in the next 3 years it won't make much difference
where the hubs are. You said it cost you 700.00 to ship a dog from where you
live. It won't be long before this is the rule and not the exception.  So move
the national around make sure it is held earlier in the year so that road
conditions are safe. If you hold it in the south it can be later than if it is
in the north. You are living in the last days of the 100 excess baggage fee for
traveling dogs. I am surprised that they do it at all. It will have to be
rotated around so that each area will get a chance to see a national. Spread
the inconvenience and spread the joy. That is the best thing that we can do
now.
Terry
Joan Fox <campaigners@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Well that's fine for those that can afford the motor home and the time.
If we want people to stay in this sport we better start figuring out how to
help them do it.