[ SHOWGSD-L ] what is the point of the standard

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 22:13:19 -0400 (EDT)

Just attended the board meeting this evening that the coat class at the
nationals was discussed and APPROVED for this years national.
I know we have beaten this horse to death in the past couple of weeks, but
I wanted to commend the 2 board members who voted no to this class ...thank
you  Nadine and Zoe. .  3 people abstained, 3 board members were absent.

If our board does not understand that they are the guardians of the
standard then I feel they have driven the train off the track.  Most of  them
are
judges and are obliged to uphold the standard when judging, or at least  we
hope they would. As Dave F mentioned, every class that exists is inclusive
of  properly double coated GSD's being shown, they do not need their own
class.  Why on earth do we need to embrace a fault??

From the discussion of each member  the most prominent reason given  was
increasing entries and hopefully to increase membership.

I am wondering where this club will be when the majority rule of membership
 is those of dogs with disqualifications and faults.   Then all faults  can
be removed from the standard, membership will be up and there will be 10
entries more at the national that won't come close to making up for the many
people who will see this as prostitution of the standard.

perhaps its time to consider a class that promotes "no faults only" and see
 what happens.
Almost makes me speechless, almost.

Molly
Member GSDCC, GSDCA, Life member CKC, GSDC of Beaumont