[ SHOWGSD-L ] what do we feed

  • From: ORSuite@xxxxxxx
  • To: vonmartin@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 21:59:44 EST

I currently use Canidae and found it to work the best for me and mine, but  I
also use raw. I use ground turkey, turkey necks and chicken quarters.   Nupro
is my supplement of choice.
I have used Innova on young dogs, because their metabolic rate is so much
higher and works well to help maintain and get weight on.  I would not use  it
for those "easy keepers".  But I do see now that they have a large breed
formula and has had a senior variety.
  If i were to get a young dog again, Innova would be my choice and  for the
matured out, not senior, I use the Canidae.  Nutro gave my dogs all
"Montezuma's revenge!" Didn't matter the bloodline, age of dog, country of
origin or
formula.
I am sure there are plenty of decent kibbles out there.  I never used
Diamond.  Thought about trying it once.  Got to see what works for you  and
yours in
the long run.

Chris K
"Do Right and  Fear No One" --from the Stephanitz Family  Crest