[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: was entries...prices / cost of a good dog

  • From: "edwinx" <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 18:53:29 -0800

It is not a matter of the economy being good or bad...if things and items or
fees are going above what many of the participants are willing or able to pay
for things then that overall activity must either change or survive with the
few members left that are willing to pay the increases...this activity or sport
is very $$$$$....I was being modest when I said I was lucky when I bought two
show dogs outright for $1500 bucks...I did my home work...I was not willing to
go over budget...every one decides what their budget is...here comes my next
Analogy Tom......The owner of the Yankee Baseball team George Steinbrenner out
spends the owner of the Oakland A's by more than 100 million dollars a year for
his baseball players...The Yankess win most of the time...the Oakland A's while
never winning the WorldSeries in the past several years have always reached the
playoffs and come close to the Series and in Fact almost beat those Yankees in
two of the last 5 years....well my family's situation is like the Owner of the
A's..I want to be competitive...but I have to be wise with the limited budget
that I have...If your situation is more like the Yankees...God bless ya...Ed
Hill