[ SHOWGSD-L ] was Inbreeding - A tool

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, lindenhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx, SegerWind@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 09:43:51 EDT

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I don't believe that, do you really????  After  you've
expressed that inbreeding concentrates BOTH the good and the bad?

What I believe is that ALL breedings carry risks, but since all pedigrees
contain "genetic bads" inbreeding intensives the risk for those SPECIFIC
genetic  bads cropping up.

How can anyone argue with that???? Never mind...someone will ROTFL.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC

In a message dated 9/9/2010 9:12:07 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

THANKS Mike!!    You said it so much better than my feeble  efforts!!!!!
<G>

NONE of us will have all the answers on how to breed until we have DNA
testing for ALL
our concerns.......and when even "big" breeders plan a litter I expect
their major concern to
be the pet homes......because that is what makes or breaks a  Breed!!

Carolyn    _marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
_www.Marhaven.com_ (http://www.marhaven.com/)

From: _SegerWind@xxxxxxxx (mailto:SegerWind@xxxxxxx)  To:
_marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) ,
HI  Carolyn my question was: 1> What is the issue with out cross breeding
based on your previous post?
2. How is that any worse than the close  line breeding over the last 20
years that has perhaps created health  issues in our breed? Those are my
questions:) Thank you
Steven
Segerwinds
Home of Asgards Contezza