[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: was American lines now legislation

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: stormy435@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 07:53:03 -0400 (EDT)

It's all over FB.  My take so far...if I have 4 or less intact females  on
my property (I do) AND anyone who would purchase a puppy actually meets  the
puppy and myself before paying in full (deposits, refundable or not OK
prior), no change.

Co-owned bitches not living at my house (I have 1 of those but she is going
 to be 7 so spayed shortly), don't count towards my #s.  Animals sold for
breeding (so say I want a puppy from that Panda Carolyn and I co-own),
could be shipped and not interfere w/ any requirements, so all kidding aside if

we want to sell/purchase a show prospect w/o physically delivering or going
to  get it, because technically it would be a breeding prospect...no
biggie. If  I bought a bitch though that would count towards the 4 and under
rule.

You know who this will hurt?  Those web sites that sell over the  Internet
from the big puppy mills/Amish. (And believe me, that is NOT going  to cause
me to lose sleep). Take a look:

http://www.greenfieldpuppies.com/

http://www.lancasterpuppies.com/

http://keystonepuppies.com/

http://www.sunnysidepuppies.com/

It could hurt, and by "hurt" they would have to follow the  regulations,
"hobby" breeders who keep more than four intact bitches.

The proposed legislation is actually less strict than PA as far as
potential #s... and anybody I know with 4+ intact bitches already has a kennel
license.  The only difference I see is if a breeder was to ship a puppy  sight
unseen they had better not have anything written about spay/neuter.
Without that, it's a breeding prospect and flys, no pun intended, under the
radar.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions
visit http://www.pinehillgsds.com/

In a message dated 9/12/2013 10:07:49 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
stormy435@xxxxxxxxx writes:

If  you are interested, I can guide you to some places that are really
digging  into the Regulations and what they will mean to pet Breeders and
regular  breeders.