[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: update on killer dog in coral spring fl

  • From: "Ginger Cleary" <cleary1414@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Showgsd-L@Freelists. Org" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 13:18:21 -0400

Well, you're right.. the average JQP shouldn't have one of these dogs... but
short of a ban, you aren't going to stop it from happening.  What is needed
is more widespread education on why they are not desirable, or barring that
if you do get one it MUST be well trained and socialized from the very
beginning.

And I don't mean the kind of idiotic piece that was on TV not long ago about
the Caucasian Mtn Dog. I could just see the "my dog is badder than your dog"
types flocking to that breed after that show. shudder.....

Ginger Cleary, Rome, GA
Proud member GSDCA and Sawnee Mtn Kennel Club
www.rihadin.com